The Federal Government of Nigeria has obtained a credit/loan from the International Development Association (IDA) to fund the Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification (MinDiver) Project. The project has the following development objectives:
- To improve the attractiveness of the Nigerian Mining sector, as a driver for economic diversification, for long-term private sector investment in the exploration and production of minerals.
- To create a globally competitive sector capable of contributing to wealth creation, providing jobs and advancing our social and human security.
The key results of the project will include:
- Increased availability of precompetitive geoscience data enhancing mineral transactions;
- Institutional information systems integrated with multi-sector planning tools;
- Incentives created for Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining (ASM) formalization;
- Improved environmental and social compliance by mining industry operators