The Federal Government of Nigeria has obtained a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to fund the Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification (MinDiver) Project. The project has the following development objectives:
- To improve the attractiveness of the Nigerian Mining sector, as a driver for economic diversification, for long-term private sector investment in the exploration and production of minerals.
- To create a globally competitive sector capable of contributing to wealth creation, providing jobs and advancing our social and human security.
It is against this background that the MMSD is engaging the services of a Technical Consultant to support the MMSD in achieving the following:
1. Mainstreaming gender and increasing the economic participation of women in all spheres of the mining sector
2. Stimulating entrepreneurship to improve their livelihoods and social wellbeing in a socially-responsible manner
3. Mitigating risks that are unique to women that may result from mining activities
4. Increasing the opportunities for women to contribute to socio-economic development of the economy and their communities